SGS, the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company, has published a SafeGuardS to keep stakeholders informed about a consultation held in the Philippines over its draft legislation on toys and childcare articles.
The Philippine Center for Cosmetics and Household/Urban Hazardous Substances Regulations and Research (CCHUHSRR) initiated the consultation over the nation’s draft Rules and Regulations Governing the Issuance of Authorization for Toys and Childcare Articles in December 2023. If accepted, it will:
– Revise and align toys and childcare articles (TCCA) regulations with appropriate laws and established standards
– Establish the product notification procedure for TCCA
– Justify the issuance of Certificates of Exemption for exempted toys, games and childcare articles
– Determine the roles and responsibilities of market authorization holders (MAH) in ensuring TCCA product safety and quality
SGS publishes SafeGuardS to keep stakeholder informed about regulatory and market changes that may impact their business. SafeGuardS 007.24 provides an overview of the proposal, including a possible timeline. It also contains a table detailing highlights from the draft order relating to the following sections and annexes:
– Section III ‘Scope
– Section V ‘General guidelines’
– Section VI ‘Specific guidelines’
– Section VII ‘Roles and responsibilities’
– Annex A ‘Decision tree for the classification of TCCA products’
– Annex B ‘List of requirements for TCCA CPN application’
– Annex C ‘Product standards’
– Annex D ‘Labeling and packaging requirements’
Stakeholders are strongly encouraged to review SGS’s original SafeGuardS 007.24 for more details.
SGS Toy & Juvenile Product Services
SGS offers a wide range of services to ensure that products comply with relevant standards for childcare articles and children’s equipment. They provide consulting, training, product development, testing, audit and inspection services to ensure that products comply with strict regulations worldwide, demonstrating the safety and quality of juvenile products being brought to the market. After all, it’s only trusted because it’s tested. Learn more about SGS’s Toy & Juvenile Product Services.
SGS SafeGuardS keep you up to date with the latest news and developments in the consumer goods industry. Read the full Philippines Consults Over Proposed Order for Toys and Childcare Articles SafeGuardS.
Subscribe here to receive SGS SafeGuardS direct to your inbox.
For further information contact:
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 98,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.